I'm finally able to see my kitchen floor after getting home from our vacation on Friday evening. Yes, I said Friday. Yes, I know it was four days ago. It was a HUGE pile! Anyway, it is done and I feel much better. The next step is taking down Christmas decorations which always makes me feel a little sad. Our house looks so bare after taking everything down. I'm ready to declutter, so it will feel good when it's done, but it's SO not a fun job.
In the next few weeks we're going to move Alex into Harrison's room and into a big boy bed. Ian is ready (i.e. Mom is ready) for the big move into his own room, which displaces Alex. I hope it goes well and that he loves his new found freedom. Well, maybe freedom isn't the right word. I hope he loves it in a "stay in it all night, cuddly and grown up" kind of way. Harrison isn't totally thrilled with the new plan, but hopefully he'll grow to love the extra bonding time he'll have with Alex. In order to accomplish this transition, I have a lot of work to do shifting toys and clothes around. It will all happen eventually.
Christmas was wonderful. The kids had a lot of fun opening all of their presents. They got so many nice things. Harrison especially loves his R2-D2 droid that follows voice commands. He's convinced he can teach it to do his chores. Note to self...give the kid chores. He also loves his Shell Shocker, which is this hideous looking remote control thing that is supposed to be some sort of alien. Alex had fun unwrapping everything and loves his new driving simulator. I also couldn't resist getting him massive amounts of Mr. Potato Head stuff. He now is the proud owner of a Spud Trooper that has a potato masher weapon. Too cute!
Harrison enjoyed his time with Grammy, Pappy, Aunt Leslie and Uncle Ian. Each evening he would watch a couple of shows in Grammy's bed while the adults were drinking and playing games. He came out when he got lonely and wanted Grammy to go cuddle with him. She said she would and he warned her that she would also be cuddling with the Shell Shocker. Not the most cuddly of toys he owns. It was very cute.
He loves Aunt Leslie and Uncle Ian's drawing capabilities. He was and still is convinced that they both could help him make a REAL Star Wars Imperial Walker. He had his blueprints ready and everything. He told me only Dad would be able to drive it to school (because obviously mom's don't know how to do that) and all of his friends would be SOOOOO jealous. We just ran out of time! Next visit, I suppose.
Harrison and Kevin had a great time on their mini-vacation to New Orleans. Harrison felt very special even though Rice didn't win.
No comments:
Post a Comment